This item is not currently in stock but is available for purchase.
You can contact our Internet sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries about expected delivery dates.
The new TightMetal™ distortion pedal takes the TightDrive™ overdrive platform to the next level by providing over-the-top metal and hardcore crunch tones with adjustable tightness thanks to the Tight control. This issue came up early on when discussing various ideas with Mark Kloeppel, guitarist from the deathgrind band Misery Index. Like many other metal players, Mark was looking for a particular guitar tone, one with a lot of harmonics but with the ability to stop the notes really fast to work with their music. As on the original TightDrive, the Tight control varies the low end from smooth and thick to tight and aggressive so you get the attack that works with your guitar and picking style.
In the same way high gain tube amps are designed by cascading extra tube stages, the TightMetal was created by adding additional stages in front of a carefully modified TightDrive. The resulting thicker and much heavier distortion is tweaked by a simple built-in output EQ curve, and can further be adjusted by the output Tone control, so it’s easy to get a stack sound even through a small combo amp’s clean channel.
- True Bypass switch
- Tight Attack Control
- Gain, Tone, & Volume Controls
- Gate switch with Chomp™ setting for quick stops
- Mid switch with Thrash setting
- Effects Loop with Pre/Post switch..tracks On/Off Footswitch
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Current: 12mA with 9V battery, 28mA with 9V adapter
- Works with 9V-18V supplies–like 'variacing' your amp up and down
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Handmade in the USA
Current Reviews: 0
This product was added to our catalog on 02/15/2012.