World-class recording for everyone.
Representing the next level of professional recording performance, the H4n delivers superior audio quality and dramatically improves the user experience. Zoom’s most sophisticated handheld recorder to date will amaze, no matter the application.
Why four channels are better than two.
Everyone knows that proper miking is essential to making a great recording. The H4n is the only handheld recorder that allows you to record on four channels simultaneously by using its onboard mics with either external mics or direct inputs. You can then use its built-in mixer to blend the channels for perfectly balanced recordings. Now your recordings can be richer than ever before.
Or, to get a great recording of a live performance, use the H4n’s onboard mics to get a room mix while simultaneously recording a stereo mix from the mixing board for a live recording that is easily one of the best you’ve ever heard. And for media and filmmakers, the H4n makes it easy to record “high definition” audio at 24-bit/48kHz with booms, handhelds or lavaliers while gathering atmospheric audio with the onboard mics. The H4n also supports Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) so your recorded files carry time stamp information. You can even set markers (cue points) during recording or playback.
For even more versatility, the H4n also features a Mid-Side stereo decoder that allows you to utilize this classic microphone setup. The H4n converts the mid and side channels into a conventional stereo (L/R) signal for even more versatility… and it’s only found on the H4n. It’s all in the preamp…
The H4n’s new mics and four channel recording ability, in combination with our new, digitally controlled, high-quality preamplifier renders audio so precise, you’ll sound like you recorded in a world-class studio. And this new preamp means you can make recording level adjustments on the fly. Of course, an automatic level setting function is also built-in to optimize your levels as quickly as the situation requires.
High resolution, 24-bit/96kHz linear PCM recording
Choose up to 24-bit/96-kHz linear PCM WAV files for audio resolution that surpasses DVD quality. Or, when maximum recording time with smaller file sizes is desired, select a variety of MP3 formats from 320 kbps down to 48 kpbs to produce smaller files suitable for web or e-mail distribution.
* Built-in X/Y stereo mics record at either 90° or 120°
* Four channel simultaneous recording using built-in and external mics
* Digitally controlled, high-quality mic preamp for improved audio quality
* Large 1.9-Inch LCD screen and improved user interface for easy operation
* 24bit/96kHz Linear PCM recording for pristine recording
* MP3 recording for increased recording time
* Built-in reference speaker to check recordings
* Shock resistant rubberized body for improved chassis protection
* Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compatible time stamp and track marker
* Records on SD/SDHC media of up to 32GB for maximum recording time
* Auto-record and pre-record feature so you never miss a moment
* Variable speed playback capability for “phrase training”
* Stamina mode enables 10 hours of continuous battery life
* Onboard mid-side matrix decoder for additional miking possibilities
* Built-in mounting joint for tripod and mic stand mounting
* USB 2.0 port for faster file transfer
* XLR inputs with phantom power allow recording with any mic
* Supports plug-in power type external mics
* Hi-Z Inputs for recording guitar and bass
* Studio effects onboard, including guitar and bass amp modeling
* USB audio interface capability
* Low-cut filter to reduce noise
* Normalizing and file splitting functions
* Mono mix function
* Onboard tuner and metronome
* Includes 1 GB SD card, wind screen, mic clip adapter, AC adapter, USB cable, protective case and Cubase LE recording software
* Optional remote control (RC4) available
Current Reviews: 0
This product was added to our catalog on 04/15/2009.